Google Blog Search

How to fight colds and flu!!!

source: NurseReview.Org
The much-dreaded cold and flu season is upon us. And if you’re like me, there isn’t any spare time built into the schedule to be sick. So how can I bolster my defenses against the germs lurking in the common areas in my office, the mall where I do my holiday shopping and the rest stops I encounter in my holiday travels?

Have you also heard about antibiotic resistance? If you are interested in learning about pharmacology inline with antibiotics, checkout this article.
I took a look at the research Emily Sohn and Rachel Johnson, Ph.D., M.P.H., have written about for EatingWell and pulled together a list of what’s worth trying—and what’s not.



Try It: Vitamin D
In a study published recently in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, children who took daily vitamin D supplements (1,200 IU) were 40 percent less likely to get a common flu virus than kids who took a placebo. Laboratory studies indicate that the nutrient may help immune cells identify and destroy bacteria and viruses that make us sick, says Adit Ginde, M.D., M.P.H., a public health researcher at the University of Colorado School of Medicine in Denver.





READ MORE @ http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/how-to-fight-colds-and-flu-what-works-and-what-doesn-t-2415849

Leave a Reply